Friday, October 23, 2009

Wow! That is a bargain!

Apparently I have a problem expressing myself…which seems strange because I like to think that I am extremely good at personal expression! I have really been feeling strong armed by retailers lately. Everytime I get up to a register with something that took me hours to pick out, the cashier stops my sale in the middle and looks at me with distain and says, “You need to get another pair of earrings with this at 50% off in order to not throw away your money! I’ll suspend the sale while you get them!”…aaahhh!!!…Why can’t I just throw away my money? Will people really think less of me if I don’t purchase the 50% off, impulse necklace that I’ll never wear that I bought only because I was nervous that someone was waiting in line behind me while the $8 dollar and hour cashier was wondering if I was stupid? I could hear her mocking me in the back room during her break!… "and then there’s this girl with a Coach purse who is too dumb to take advantage of the buy one/get one at half price deal. What is the world coming to? I bet she can’t even get a guy!”…okay…so maybe I’m a touch paranoid about that one!

This stuff happens everywhere I go. I think it’s something that I need to work on. I think it's because I don't like to make anyone mad. I was in another store one day and the cashier asked me to open a store credit card. I said, “No, Thank you!”…It would’ve been fine if she had left it at that but she continued. “If you open it now, you’ll get 10% off of your entire purchase.” I jokingly replied, “But I want a new BMW!”…Just as I thought the issue was settled, the other cashier said, “It’s kind of dumb to throw away the extra 10% you’re not saving on this purchase then.”…I broke down and said, “Ok! Fine. Then I need $300,000 worth of stuff and I’d like the 10% back in cash upfront now so I can go buy my BMW!”…clearly the girl didn’t understand what I had meant by that but she sensed my frustration with her and backed off on the card pushing!

I think that it’s possible that I get this way when guys ask me out too. It may be part of my problem. I get very frustrated when people won’t take ‘no, thank you’ for an answer. I can’t figure out why what I want matters so little to others??…I suppose the only thing I can do is to try not to allow people to pressure me into believing that what they want from me is more important than what I want for myself!…because once I’ve been asked and have answered, I start taking cheap shots!…cause when backed into a corner, I’ll be forced to ‘sarcasm’ my way out!

0 comments: