Sunday, October 4, 2009

If you always do what you've always done...

I was contemplating my lack of success in the dating area the other day. This is often what I do when I have a few minutes to think about something other than work and singing. I think, “hmm…I’m all done with all of my work. What should I do?…I know! I’ll hang out with my boyfr…oops…I don’t have a boyfriend…still…” Well! Here we go around and around again. Work, work, vacation, dwell in lack of human companionship, want to jump off a bridge,…work…ah…work…work…so happy…Whoo hooo…HAPPY!…free time…uh oh… So do single people really need to work all the time so it doesn’t matter? Does it seem right that people with kids can celebrate holidays, take kids to doctor’s appointments, go to sporting events as a family, etc…and single people need to stay late, get there early, work through the holidays, etc…??


I pondered the phrase, “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten.” Let’s see…hmm…I’m always honest and friendly and I get liars and narcissists. I’ll give the change a shot!…I’ll even practice in front of the mirror:


Nice Guy: Hi!

Calia: You think I care?

Nice Guy: I guess not!

Calia: Jerk.


Oh geez…even my imagination screws it up! Unbelievable! I guess I just need to be who I am for now and hope that the liars weed themselves out on the entrance exam!

1 comments:

Kristie said...

So true! I'm not saying that being a parent is easy, but how come I don't get to leave the office at 4:30 or come in late because it's the first day of school? How come I get to work harder because of other's mat leaves and not get any additional compensation? Glad there are others out there sharing the same thoughts!