Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bad Sportsmanship!

My sister text me the other day to tell me that she was playing the board game, “Sorry”, with one of her children. She said that she “sorried” him. Anger came flooding back! She always did that crap! I hated playing with her. She was such a cheater!…Well…actually…she wasn’t really cheating but I wasn’t a fan of getting sorried. I would throw the board on the floor and say, “That’s not fair!”…I suppose that’s why I didn’t play sports…or count on anyone…or become part of any kind of a team. As a matter of fact, she may be the reason I’ve been single for so many years. (Do you like the way I just used deductive reasoning to make my entire life my sister’s fault? Hee hee…)I learned that if I didn’t want to be annoyed, disappointed or angry, I just needed to NOT PLAY at all! I don’t remember when I made this decision but I don’t think it was a conscious one. As a matter of fact, I have tried to date people. I had a couple very long-term relationships. One even cheated on me the entire 4 years. It stopped bothering me. I just expected it. I didn’t need to throw the board at him or have a major outburst. I just needed to remember not to play. My mistake! Silly girl!

My brother has a similar issue when it comes to other people's bad behavior. One day he called me and said that he wanted me to pick up his scooter and take it away because someone else had touched it. I said, “You know that if I take it, you won’t have it to use either.” He replied, “Who needs it!”…hmm...good thinkin' baby bro! That’ll show them! ...but is this a good example of what they mean when they say "you're cutting off your nose to spite your face??"

So the question is: Am I so worried that I am going to have a negative emotion that I have completely cut off the possibility of having a positive one? Then again…I haven’t run into anyone in years…not to mention meeting someone who I would be lucky enough to have him cheat on me...wait...that doesn't seem right... I have met all sorts of guys who have wanted to cheat on their own girlfriends…but “Who needs it!”…I’m taking my ball back and going home! “Sorry!”

0 comments: