Friday, May 29, 2009

So what about my hair?

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but does it seem like single people end up washing their hair less often than people who are in relationships? I remember washing my hair twice a day when I had a boyfriend. Now I guess I figure that I may as well let it be dirty and grow thick and healthy. It also saves a heck of a lot of time in the morning on blow drying! I suppose this sounds a little disgusting but who is going to know if my hair is a little dirty right? I guess what I’m questioning is the common misconception that people get into relationships and then let themselves go. I don’t know how that could possibly be. It seems like if anyone ever came over, I would wear something other than wind pants and a jog bra with my hair in a pony tale every single day after 4pm. Part of me feels like I’m preserving myself for later. In a way, I am I guess. I have surround sound in my living room but haven’t turned on the TV in there in 2 years except when my sister has dropped off her kids for me to baby-sit.

I think we need to question what we are “readying” ourselves for. Are we putting our lives on hold until whatever it is gets here? What about just doing our hair and putting on a nice outfit for ourselves once in a while? Maybe just getting ready and going nowhere is the key to going somewhere?

0 comments: