Saturday, May 2, 2009

Have you met anyone yet?

Why is the first question that nearly everyone asks when they first see me, “Have you met anyone yet?” I’ve even had people grab my hand to see if I’m married now. One lady actually said “Oh! The holidays must be so hard for you. You are all alone and you don’t even have a dog!” I answer politely… “Yeah…I should just end it now! Thank you for reminding me.” I mean…am I supposed to have a dog? …I suppose the 5 or 10 minutes a day when I make a joke and then turn to myself and laugh would have more of an audience - the hospital emergency room staff who was reviving me after going near the dog!...I have got to get “The Outcasts of Society- The Pathetic Single Person’s Rules and Regulations” book. That way I won’t be offending all of the people who are in relationships and constantly losing sleep over me!

0 comments: