Friday, May 1, 2009

People are funny!

Isn’t it interesting that the nicer you are to people, the more they think that they have the right to walk all over you or say rude things? For instance, I colored my hair dark one time and a woman felt that she needed to say, “you used to walk by me and just pop with energy. Now with brown hair, you look like a faded little wren.” (...hmm)... That’s nice. It was that same week that a person came up to me while I was performing and told me that "You are supposed to be blonde and you no longer look good.” ...Of course, having a faulty "mouth impulse stopping action" (that I’m really working very hard on) I said, “Well… I like you better thinner and I see they're still bringing food to your table.” …oops…why can’t I control that? The funny thing is that I have this thing: “You’re not the boss of me!” You know? …and yet, those people sort of were the boss of me because I changed the color back about as fast as I could...Baby steps...

What did I learn from this experience? well...I'm really not a nice person...wait...no! That's not it! I have to learn that what other people think about something that I'm doing should never matter to me. I take too much of what people say to heart. I have a feeling that if single people worried less about how it looks that they are single, or what people might think if they went out with someone that others don't find suited for them, or even stopped worrying about what people aren't even saying to begin with, it would be much easier to allow life to fall into place! Put others out of your mind! Nobody has the same previous set of circumstances or future path so what is right for others may or may not be right for you! I'm thinking that it all comes together in the end in a way that we'd least expect anyway. We might as well forget trying to micromanage it and just live each moment to it's fullest so we don't wake up one day and wonder where the time went while we were waiting for life to start!

0 comments: