Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sometimes Parents Need a Time Out!

I went to a basketball game the other night. It was a lot of fun but the mother of one of the kids behind me was screaming at her daughter on the court the whole time! “BOX! BOX!”…what the heck? I could’ve used a box of popcorn right about then. She had a point!

I’m glad I don’t have kids yet. I had no idea what the etiquette for parents was these days. I'll keep going to these games so I can work on it for when it’s my turn to watch my child. I can just picture myself sitting in the auditorium yelling, “PITCH!, PITCH”, “YOU CALL THAT A SOLO! THE OTHER KIDS ARE PLAYING TOO LOUD! PIANISSIMO PEOPLE! PIANISSIMO!”…

I’m really happy to have this opportunity to learn from other parents. Luckily I won’t just be thrown into it blindly like people in their child-bearing years! I will make my children proud to say, “Uh! MOM! U R SUCH N M-BEAR-S-MNT!”


0 comments: