Friday, January 15, 2010

Boy! Some People Sure are in a Hurry!

I never understand why people insist on tailgating when I have had to set my cruise control to 9 mph above the speed limit just so I don’t get a ticket in the new speed trap near my house. It happens on a daily basis. Everyone is in such a hurry all the time. Don’t get me wrong- I love to drive fast! I just can’t stand wasting the time it takes to get pulled over. The funny thing is that the “old” Calia (and by “old”, I mean “younger” or “used to be” cause certainly I am the “oldest" Calia I have ever been!) would’ve slammed on her brakes to make the angry person behind her go even slower for the entire length of the road. Hee hee… I’ve stopped doing that though! Now, when someone wants to drive faster than I do, I put on my blinker and allow them to speed passed me. The coolest part about this is that every time I do, by the time I get a little way up the street, I find them pulled over by the nice Policeman that I was trying to avoid in the first place. I’m not kidding! It happens 4 out of 5 times. It’s like I’m in a protective bubble that allows for me to not take any revenge because karma gets the person every single time.

I’ve started applying this in all areas of my life. I used to feel like people around me were always pushing me to act a certain way, which would make me feel a need to “react!” I would do this either by doing what they would want me to do and complaining about it later, or doing exactly the opposite of what they wanted me to do just to defy their suggestion. Either way, I would end up being the one who was stressed out! This new way actually makes me giggle as I go at my own pace down the road of life. If someone pushes, I let them pass. If someone wants me to fight them, I turn away and let someone else endure the hassle. I have no need for it whatsoever!

Possibly we should consider slowing down our life to the speed we choose to live it! It just might, at the very least, change our answer to, “Do you know why I pulled you over?” from, “um…no!”, to “cause I was leaving myself a message on my cell phone reminding me to a blog about this exact moment!”


0 comments: