Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wow! Does your wife own a bakery?

I was at the gym in the middle of the day yesterday. I looked around and thought, “hmm…look at all these people without jobs! How do they afford this ridiculously expensive gym membership?”…I kept working out and noticed a guy who sort of looked like someone I used to know. I had heard that he had gotten married 2 or 3 years ago but hadn’t seen him since. Either this wasn’t him, or his wife must own a bakery or something. He looked as though he had eaten someone his previous size and had been left with a stretched out shell of himself. I felt a little bad, but the fleeting thought vanished into a huge question mark? How would someone get married and then get fat? I have heard that sometimes people let themselves go once they meet someone, but I don’t know how that could happen. When I’m in a relationship, I’m always much thinner than when I am not in one. Of course that’s because I have to stop eating cheese in bed. I guess that’s a different issue though.



So what’s wrong with a person who disappears into contentment once he’s in a relationship? Personally I see it as just the opposite. I need to be pretty lonely and unhappy to put on weight. I wonder if certain people are the opposite of that? Possibly people are too hung up on how others make them feel? I would rather be happy by myself and then happier once I have someone to share my happiness with. It just seems like it’s a huge cycle of desperation on human nature’s part. If people keep grabbing the next person in line for fear of what they may learn if they spend a little time alone, the next generation of children are going to be reading books that end with, “And they all lived miserably ever after!”…





0 comments: