Monday, November 16, 2009

Now that's what I call confidence!

Have you ever noticed that if you act like you’re doing exactly what you’re supposed to be doing, no one thinks you’re doing anything wrong? I was out on a walk in a neighboring town one night at 2:30AM, and across the street, there was a large African American man walking down the block carrying a huge television on his shoulder. I figured that maybe he was just moving or something and didn’t have a truck. A cop drove by but didn’t stop so I figured that there was no way he was any danger to me…besides…he’d have to put the TV down first. I just walked by.
The more I think about it, the more I realize that people can do anything they want as long as they do it with confidence. I participated in the Secret Santa exchange at work last year. Everyday, I walked right up to the person I was buying the gift for and handed it directly to her. She never guessed that it was me. She probably just thought, “There’s no way it’s Calia! She’d have to be crazy to deliver it herself. She wouldn’t do that!…or would she?…no…she wouldn’t…” Yeah…I did! The point is that it worked! No one knew.

I suppose it means that as long as we go through life acting confident about our choices, everyone will believe that we are doing exactly what we are meant to be doing. Well! That’s just great! I’m confident that I have no idea what I’m doing…


0 comments: